External visual control, checking geometric dimensions and material parameters with special devices.
Ultrasonic diagnostics of latent and superficial defects:
Adjustment of the kiln position without interrupting the technological process (Hot Adjustment Diagnostic Complex), building 3D models of the unit cases.
The method used by us is based on classical optical measurements of vertical tangential lines of bandages in a single coordinate system. This method does not depend on the temperature (in contrast to remote measurements using laser equipment) and measures the bandage diameter, excluding errors, with an accuracy of +/-1 mm. Measurements are taken during normal kiln operation, independently in 4 positions of the bandages (every 90 degrees) from both sides (2 tangential lines). Each measurement is performed twice.
Reporting and technical documentation for the "Hot Adjustment" includes:
- Position of the axis of rotation of the kiln unit;
- Deflections of roller bearings in vertical and horizontal planes, radial runout of rollers;
- Geometric dimensions of bandages, sub-bandage gaps, radial and end runout of bandages;
- Geometrical dimensions of the kiln shell, shell deformations;
- Actual position of the supporting foundation frames in relation to the design position;
- Position of the main drive system in conjunction with the kiln axis;
- Condition of the contact surfaces between the bandages and rollers, condition of the rollers, bandages, end stops;
- Working temperatures of the shell, bandages, rollers;
- Condition of the hydraulic thrust rollers and their geometric position;
- The shape of the kiln shell, taking into account plastic deformations arising during operation;
- The state of open gearing and the arrangement of the crown and pinion gear relative to the kiln axis of rotation (radial and end runout);
- Diagnostic map of detected defects;
- Map of mechanical configuration of the furnace;
- Recommendations for the repair and operation of equipment.
Mechanical adjustment is an important and necessary stage of work after diagnostics and alignment of the rotary kiln. On the basis of the data obtained, the diagnostics and "hot alignment" provide a mechanical adjustment plan, a step-by-step schedule of the mechanical adjustment, and complete adjustment of the axial stroke of the rotary kiln.
Upon the agreement of the parties, the following additional work is performed if necessary:
- Heat engineering tests.
- Calculation of material and heat balance.
- Shelltest – inspecting the shell for plastic deformation (ovality test).
- Mechanical analysis of the kiln: actual loads on bearings, pressure on bearings, building a contact pressure diagram, distribution of load on supports, calculation of the stiffness matrix, optimization of the kiln vertical axis position, taking into account load distribution.
- Grinding of bandages and rollers to install the kiln in the design-operational position.
- Replacement of bandages, rollers, crown and pinion gear.
- Replacement of series and sub-bandage shells.
- Dismantling and installation of refractory bricks.
Drafting reports on technical expertise of equipment diagnostics and issuing recommendations on maintenance, operation and repairs, based on the actual state of the equipment.
Reducing equipment downtime, maintenance costs, increasing the life cycle of equipment before it is replaced.